The Budget and Expenditure Monitoring Forum (BEMF) is a group of civil society organisations that monitors the National Strategic Plan on HIV and AIDS 2007-2011 (better known as the NSP).
Our main objective
We want to make sure there is enough money allocated by the state and donors to meet the treatment and prevention targets of the NSP. We also want to make sure that money is spent correctly.
To be announced.
Past meetings and presentations
- 7th meeting:21 November 2011 – Financing, budgeting and expenditure for the response to HIV and AIDS in South Africa
- 5th meeting: 1 April 2011 – Analysis of the Eastern Cape and Gauteng health budgets
- 4th meeting: 12 November 2010 – Understanding the IST reports
- 3rd meeting: May 2010 – Analysis of provincial budgets and capacity building for communities to monitor health budgets
- 2nd meeting: 5 February 2010 – The treatment guidelines and the ARV tender
- 1st meeting: 21 August 2009 – Inaugural meeting