MANAGER OF HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATION
SECTION27 is a public interest law centre that seeks to use the law to protect, promote and advance human rights. If you are passionate about human rights, self-motivated and would like to be part of a dynamic team working to challenge legal, political and social systems and positively influence society, working at SECTION27 could be the challenge you have been looking for.
SECTION27 seeks a dynamic and driven candidate to strategically manage and oversee the internal running of SECTION27 and ensure that the organisation operates efficiently and effectively. This will include all human resource administration, office management and management of the administrative team.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Development and implementation of office processes and protocols
- HR Administration including but not limited to the following:
- Represent SECTION27 at donor meetings that focus on organisational matters.
- Assisting with the preparation of donor reports.
- Employment contract administration and maintaining of employee records.
- Recruitment and induction of staff, interns/volunteers.
- Oversee personnel management processes in collaboration with each department including training and appraisal of staff members.
- Support programme staff to ensure that programme activities are conducted in compliance with policies, laws and regulations, and to ensure that internal and external deadlines are strictly adhered to.
- Advise on performance and disciplinary issues and conduct grievance procedures.
- Review Policies and Procedures Manual annually, provide training to staff each time the Policies and Procedures are reviewed/amended and support the Executive Director with the enforcement thereof.
- Monitor and keep up to date with employment legislation and guidelines; advise senior management on pay and conditions, retention and policies affecting employee relations.
- Office Management
- Management of the administrative staff.
- Convene regular meetings of the administration and finance team.
- Monitor the capital needs of the organisation including acquisitions, installations and repairs, ordering and monitoring of stationery, computers etc.
- Oversee the general office management, including maintenance issues and lease agreements.
- Events management including travel and accommodation for events and other
- Supervise the planning and coordination of events including: venue, attendance, travel, catering for internal and external meetings, including board meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Human Resource Management or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in strategic financial and human resource management
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong knowledge of South African legal requirements related to both financial management and reporting and employment issues
- Strong knowledge of Pastel and Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to work in a diverse environment, inspire team spirit and resolve conflicts
- Ability to support and guide staff, work with sensitive information
- Management skills and the ability to delegate
- Excellent IT and computer skills
- Good writing and communication skills
- Good time-management
- Drivers license is essential
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of one or more South African languages is advantageous.
- Proactive, results oriented, with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Systematic, methodical and organised
- Ability to prioritise and manage several projects concurrently
- Ability to deal with stressful situations, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lead a team
- Committed and dedicated
- Willingness to work beyond official working times, when required
This is a full-time position, which requires the ability and willingness to travel and work outside of office hours to meet deadlines. The position is based at our offices in Johannesburg.
Please forward your curriculum vitae accompanied by a covering letter to email@example.com by the 4 July 2016. Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.