LIMPOPO DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION SANITATION INFRASTRUCTURE PLANS DECEMBER 2021
Following SECTION27’s return to court to fight for the eradication of pit toilets from schools in Limpopo in September 2021, the Limpopo Department of Education (LDOE) has developed new plans for sanitation infrastructure delivery at schools in the province. On 17 December 2021, the LDOE filed updated plans to address this emergency.
Due to the size of the documents, they are uploaded in bundles, which you can download here:
- BUNDLE 1: https://section27.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/LDOE-PLAN-122021-BUNDLE-1-1.zip
- BUNDLE 2: https://section27.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/LDOE-PLAN-122021-BUNDLE-2-1.zip
- BUNDLE 3: https://section27.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/LDOE-PLAN-122021-BUNDLE-3.zip
- BUNDLE 4: https://section27.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/LDOE-PLAN-122021-BUNDLE-4.zip
- BUNDLE 5: https://section27.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/LDOE-PLAN-122021-BUNDLE-5.zip
- BUNDLE 6: https://section27.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/LDOE-PLAN-122021-BUNDLE-6.zip
- BUNDLE 7: https://section27.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/LDOE-PLAN-122021-BUNDLE-7.zip
SECTION27 has analysed these plans and found that while this report is far more comprehensive and detailed than previous plans, it has some serious inconsistencies, which may jeopardise whether the government can actually implement this plan. Read our full analysis report of the LDOE’s plans here: (https://section27.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/SECTION27-analysis-LDOE-Komape-plan-122021.zip).
For our media statement outlining our concerns with this set of plans, click here.
European Union funding supports SECTION27’s work on education rights issues.