FUNDING CAMPAIGNS COORDINATOR
SECTION27 is seeking to enhance and expand its Friends campaign and to enter into a second phase of a Corporate Challenge campaign to recruit new corporate donors. It is seeking a suitably qualified applicant to increase the number of Friends and corporate donors, to increase knowledge of the two campaigns and to mobilise and inform interested persons and corporates on the work of SECTION27.
POSITION: Funding Campaigns Coordinator.
- No strict requirements for qualifications and relevant training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Manage the SECTION27 Friends campaign, including actively enlisting more individual donors, maintaining a database of Friends and keeping Friends engaged
- Manage the Corporate Challenge campaign, recruit new corporate donors and prepare proposals and reports for donors
- Ensure that the donation page of the website is kept updated and is fit for purpose
- Monitor financial giving and report monthly
- Prepare a monthly newsletter for the Friends and Corporates
- Prepare campaigns to target specific sectors of the community for individual giving
- Coordinate fundraising activities for the Friends and corporates
- Prepare appropriate messaging for social media to grow the numbers of Friends and Corporates (in conjunction with the Communications unit)
- Prepare marketing materials to drive the two campaigns, examples include podcasts, video messages, and pamphlets
- Attending and participating in Unit, monthly staff meetings, organisational reviews and planning as well as other meetings that relate to the work of SECTION27.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with influence
- Familiarity and skill with the tools of the trade in marketing including social media, website content, market research, product packaging, Microsoft software suite of products, visual communication software products and written communication
- Demonstrated experience in providing strategic advice around marketing campaigns and the analysis of past campaigns
- Demonstrated experience at holding conversations and advocating for an organisation with a range of stakeholders including corporate and individual donors.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written.
- Commitment to social justice in South Africa
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to interact with private, public and NGO leaders
- Excellent ability to organise, manage multiple tasks and prioritise
- Good judgement and ability to trouble-shoot problems
- The ability to take the initiative and be able to work on own
- Detail and strategically oriented
Please forward your curriculum vitae accompanied by a motivation as to why you are interested in and suitable for the position to email@example.com by 31 October 2018. Late applications will not be considered.