SECTION27 is a well-established and widely respected public interest law centre that seeks to achieve substantive equality and social justice in South Africa. If you are passionate about human rights, self-motivated and would like to be part of a dynamic team working to challenge inequality and positively influence society, joining SECTION27 could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
SECTION27 uses the law through litigation, advocacy, legal literacy, research, and community mobilisation to advance socio-economic rights, in particular the right to access health care services and the right to basic education.
SECTION27 seeks to appoint a part-time Data Capturer to support the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) function with capturing data accurately into the database as well assisting with preliminary data cleaning. The position is based in Johannesburg.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or demography
- 6 months, with possibility of extension
- At least 1 year of experience in data capturing
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Teams etc).
- Experience using online data collection tools (e.g., SurveyMonkey, Google Forms, Microsoft Forms).
- Proficient typing and excellent proof-reading skills.
Knowledge and Skills
- Basic understanding of and interest in M&E processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Consistently check work for accuracy and completeness.
- Record keeping, including filing as well as maintenance of databases.
- Reporting and administration.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Proficiency in one or more indigenous South Africa Language is advantageous.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Data Capturing
- Capture data from different electronic and hardcopy sources.
- Ensure that the information that is captured is accurate and in good standard.
- Assist with preliminary data cleaning: Identify missing data, inconsistencies, errors; follow-up or report missing data or errors.
- Compare entered data with source documents and make necessary corrections to information entered.
- Maintain effective and efficient filing system of hardcopy source documents.
- Attend programme team monthly meetings.
Please forward your curriculum vitae accompanied by a motivation as to why you are interested in and suitable for the position to email@example.com by 5 July 2023.
Late applications will not be considered, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.