SECTION27 is a well-established and widely respected public interest law centre that seeks to achieve substantive equality and social justice in South Africa. If you are passionate about human rights, self-motivated and would like to be part of a dynamic team working to challenge inequality and positively influence society, joining SECTION27 could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
SECTION27 uses the law through litigation, advocacy, legal literacy, research, and community mobilisation to advance socio-economic rights, in particular the right to access health care services and the right to basic education.
SECTION27 seeks to appoint a part-time Junior Finance and Administration Officer to provide administrative assistance to the finance office and ensure timely processing of month-end journals. The position is based in Johannesburg.
- At least 1-2 years post qualification experience in financial administration
- Accounting Diploma / B Com degree with accounting / Part qualified CIMA/ACCA
- 1 year, with possibility of extension
- Bookkeeping, Cash book processing, Bank reconciliations, Creditors processing and General Ledger Reconciliations
- Experience with grants financial management and knowledge of working with donor funds will be an advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of financial software packages i.e., Sage Pastel Accounting/Sage Evolution and Sage Pastel payroll
- Hands-on mentality, result driven and team player
- Good time management and analytical skills
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations that govern non-profit organisations is an advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, including working outside regular office hours
- The ability to take initiative and work independently or in a team
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Proficiency in one or more indigenous South Africa Language is advantageous
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure cash book transactions are captured accurately and timeously
- Ensure that all bank reconciliations are performed within agreed timelines to ensure timely reporting
- Assist with GL accounts reconciliations
- Capture GL journals as necessary
- Filing related documents
Grants and Office Admin
- Collection, scanning and filing of supporting documentation, such as meeting attendance registers and travel receipts
- Assist the team with administrative tasks such as banking admin and VAT
- Assist in preparation of audit deliverables for annual audits
- Attend programme team monthly meetings.
Please forward your curriculum vitae accompanied by a motivation as to why you are interested in and suitable for the position to email@example.com by 20 August 2023.
Late applications will not be considered, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.