EXCITING OPPORTUNITY AT SECTION27
SECTION27 is a non-profit organisation that uses public interest law and advocacy to protect, promote and advance human rights and social justice. If you are passionate about human rights, self-motivated and would like to be part of a dynamic team working to challenge inequality and positively influence society, joining SECTION27 could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Our activities include litigation, research, and advocacy to advance and promote the rule of law. We focus on protecting everyone’s right of access to health care services, basic education, and sufficient food, as guaranteed by the Constitution.
SECTION27 seeks to appoint a Communications Officer, based in Johannesburg.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations and or related areas
Advantageous Extra Educational Qualifications:
- Marketing qualification and/or experience
- Basic knowledge of human rights, HIV/AIDS, and the law
- Understanding the litigation processes and what is involved in drafting submission
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
- Working knowledge in design and animation tools
- Knowledge of Content Management System
- Ability to edit videos
- Ability to access information from various sources
- Excellent writing skills (clear and coherent)
- Ability to assimilate, analyse and report
- Excellent computer skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good time management
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Proficiency in (or working towards learning) one or more indigenous South African languages is highly desirable
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organised and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team
- Willingness to travel
Duties and Responsibilities
- Publicising and promoting awareness of S27’s work
- Coordination, drafting and/or distribution of press releases and other publications
- Assuming a media liaison role, developing relations with the media and building our media database
- Producing monthly and ad-hoc media and social media reports
- Website maintenance including:
- Regular updating of content and S27 materials online ensuring all-round consistency in terms of style, tone, graphics, etc.
- Producing well-researched content for publication and pitching new story ideas that further S27 objectives
- Regular assessment of the website to ensure that it remains user-friendly and using web analytics to measure content engagement levels
- Managing content across S27’s social media platforms and support the development online strategies to increase online engagement
- Developing and implementing digital marketing strategies
- Producing engaging multimedia content and presenting polished and professional digital material
- Working with teams to convert materials into accessible and user-friendly formats
- Ensuring that S27 campaigns and advocacy work is effectively communicated externally
- Updating staff of important legal, policy and process developments (including future developments) in identified areas that are relevant to S27’s work
- Develop and implement email marketing campaigns including compiling newsletters and upgrading email templates using graphics
- Attending S27 meetings and all meetings relevant to identify communication needs.
Please forward your curriculum vitae accompanied by a motivation as to why you are interested in and suitable for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 May 2022. Late applications will not be considered, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.