SECTION27 is a non-profit organisation that uses public interest law and advocacy to protect, promote and advance human rights and social justice. If you are passionate about human rights, self-motivated and would like to be part of a dynamic team working to challenge inequality and positively influence society, joining SECTION27 could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Our activities include litigation, research, and advocacy to advance and promote the rule of law. We focus on protecting everyone’s right of access to health care services, basic education, and sufficient food, as guaranteed by the Constitution.
SECTION27 seeks to appoint a Finance and Administration Officer, based in Johannesburg.
- At least 2-3 years post qualification experience in financial administration and grant (s) management
- B Com degree with accounting as a major or CIMA/ACCA part qualified
- Project programme/project financial management, including contract management and budget compilation and management
- Experience with donor reporting – knowledge of EU donor guidelines and reporting requirements and knowledge of working with donor funds will be an advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of financial software packages i.e., pastel accounting and payroll
- Hands-on mentality, result driven and team player
- Good time management and analytical skills
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations that govern non-profit organisations is an advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Proficiency in one or more indigenous South African languages
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, including working outside regular office hours
- The ability to take initiative and work independently or in a team
- Willingness to travel nationally
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration of donor budget and work plan ensuring adherence to donor contract
- Donor financial reporting and process administration, from invoice processing, payments processing and bank reconciliation
- Analysis of timesheets
- Collection, scanning and filing of supporting documentation, such as meeting attendance registers and travel receipts
- Prepare donor reports and analyse variances
- Preparation of funder reallocation journals as required
- Ad-hoc requests for costing of donor activities
- Liaise with budget holders and assist with departmental budgets preparations to ensure alignment with donor budget
- Provide information analysing actuals vs. budgets on specific ad-hoc requests for budget holders e.g., reminders and support to teams on adherence to timelines and of requirements in terms of supporting documentation required
- Allocate cost codes to project
- Assist the team with administrative tasks
- Provide support to partner-organisation through monitoring and evaluation visits
- Prepare audit deliverables for annual grant audits
Please forward your curriculum vitae accompanied by a motivation as to why you are interested in and suitable for the position to email@example.com by 15 November 2021. Late applications will not be considered, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.